Sunday, July 12, 2020

F E A R
Isaiah 41:13

What helps you to ward off fear when it comes?  How do you find confidence to combat such an enemy?  Who comes to your aid when you're gripped by fear?  One of many great promises for overcoming fear from the Bible follows.

In Isaiah's book of prophecy at chapter 41 and verse 13 he says, "For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear;  I will help you."  I hope that's an encouraging idea, that God would take you each by the hand and help you.   I don't know about you, but I need help every day.

If you can, imagine what it would look like for God to take you by the hand and help you in the work you have to do.  He takes your right hand and leads you through the times of grief, stress, loneliness, depression, even through times of great success.  He's really there for each of us, just like He was running up and down the floor, holding your hand and encouraging you with each step.

He says, "Do not fear, I will help you."  Whatever produces fear for you, commit it to Him in prayer as you prepare and trust Him to help you.

Bible Reading Plan:
Luke 9:51-62
I Thessalonians 2:10-20
Psalms 137

L E G A C Y II Corinthians 3:2-3 Who are the coaches and players in your team’s history that are still impacting your lives today?  ...