Wednesday, April 22, 2020

R e s t

Matthew 11:28

Do you ever get tired, a little leg weary?  Of course you do.  Does it ever seem like you’re dragging an anchor back and forth through practice?  It doesn’t have to be that way.


Jesus’ words are recorded in Matthew chapter 11 and verse 28 this way, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

When we take on the Lord’s yoke, we lay down the one we’ve been carrying.  This is like taking the anchor off your neck and replacing it with a lovely necklace.  Rather than being a burden to you, it’s an adornment.  It graces your life with beauty and freedom.

As you encounter fatigue and even exhaustion, rest in the assurance that the Lord Jesus’ yoke is easy and his burden is light.  Find rest for your soul in His gentle, humble heart.  Learn from Him and your energy and passion for sport will be renewed as well.

Bible Reading Plan:
Mark 8:22-30
I Corinthians 14:26-40
Psalms 91
Judges 20-21

L E G A C Y II Corinthians 3:2-3 Who are the coaches and players in your team’s history that are still impacting your lives today?  ...