Tuesday, April 21, 2020

R e n e w e d   S t r e n g t h

Psalm 61:1-3

When, in the course of a season, do you begin to lose a little steam?  When are you starting to run low on energy?  What can you do to regain your strength and vitality?

In Psalm 61 and verse 1 through 3, we hear a poetic prayer for renewed strength.  There we read, “Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer.  From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.  For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe.”

The writer felt totally alienated and exposed.  He felt like he was at the edge of the earth and called out to God as his heart grew more and more faint.  He saw God as a rock, as a refuge and a strong tower to protect him from his enemies. 

You may feel similarly when your strength is waning and all your muscles ache.  You may be physically, mentally and emotionally worn out by practice and competition.  What are you to do when your hearts grow faint?

As you prepare to compete today, follow the writer’s example and cry out to God as a refuge and a strong tower against your foe.  Today, that foe may be fatigue or pain.  Pray right where you are and He’ll be there to support and to protect you.

Bible Reading Plan:
Mark 8:14-21
I Corinthians 14:1-25
Psalm 90
Judges 19

L E G A C Y II Corinthians 3:2-3 Who are the coaches and players in your team’s history that are still impacting your lives today?  ...