Sunday, April 5, 2020

T R U S T
Psalm 56:3-4


What situations in your sport tend to produce fear in you or your teammates?  How do you deal with fear when it appears?  Who can we trust when we’re assaulted by fear and anxiety?

David, the psalmist, wrote the following words in Psalm 56 and verses 3 and 4, “When I am afraid, I will trust in you.  In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid.  What can mortal man do to me?”

You’ll notice that he didn’t say that he was never afraid.  Rather, he said that when he was afraid, he would trust in God.  He trusted in one who is far greater than any mortal man.

There are plenty of moments in sport that produce fear.  We may find ourselves afraid of injury.  Many of us compete, nagged by a constant fear of failure.  Others may even fear their opponents. 

In any case, when we are afraid, let’s put our trust in God.  He’s with us every moment and is able to dispel every fear and doubt from our minds. 

As you pray in preparation for this day’s competition, commit yourself to God’s care.  Trust Him with every detail of your sport.  In His care you’re safe, what can mortal man do to you?


Bible Reading Plan:
Mark 2:1-12
I Corinthians 4
Joshua 10-12

L E G A C Y II Corinthians 3:2-3 Who are the coaches and players in your team’s history that are still impacting your lives today?  ...