Wednesday, February 19, 2020

P R I V I L E G E
Psalm 16:5-6


How much are you a student of your sport?  Do you know its history and traditions?  Who are the key figures in your own program’s history?  The Bible is full of stories and even poetry that recount the history of God’s people.

In the Hebrew book of Poetry called Psalms at chapter 16 and verses 5 and 6 we read, “Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure.  The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.”

The writer was well aware of his blessed heritage.  He credited God with putting him in position to be even further blessed.  He described his place in life as secure, pleasant and delightful. 

As you are in preparation for today’s competition, let your mind page back through the players and coaches from this program’s past.  Remember their names and the heritage in which you now live.  Recall the achievements of those who have gone before you.  You’ll probably join the psalm writer in seeing your position as secure, pleasant and even delightful.


Bible Reading Plan:
Matthew 18:15-35
Acts 25:13-27
Leviticus 11-13

L E G A C Y II Corinthians 3:2-3 Who are the coaches and players in your team’s history that are still impacting your lives today?  ...