Tuesday, December 31, 2019

P E R S E V E R A N C E
II Thessalonians 3:5

Here at the end of the year, I’d like to express my thanks for taking time to read these devotions.  I also want to communicate the things I hope and pray for you.

As Paul was closing his second letter to his friends in Thessalonica, he wrote in chapter 3 and verse 5, “May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.”  He prays for God’s direction toward two ends.

He prays that the Lord will direct them toward God’s love that is daily assurance of His protection, presence and provision.
He also prays that the Lord will lead them toward Christ’s perseverance, the ability to finish life well.

That would be my prayer for you as well.  I pray that you’ll have a day to day sense of the Lord’s presence in your life.  That comes through relationship with Christ Jesus.  I also pray that you’ll press through the difficult times of your life with the assurance that our Lord will never leave nor forsake you.

Bible Reading Plan:
John 21:15-25
Revelation 22

L E G A C Y II Corinthians 3:2-3 Who are the coaches and players in your team’s history that are still impacting your lives today?  ...