Monday, December 30, 2019

G R E E T I N G S
III John 13-14

As the year nears its close, I want to thank you for taking time to read these devotional thoughts.  It is a great privilege and an honor for me to have such favor with you.  I deeply appreciate it.

The Apostle John expresses well my feelings in his third letter at verses 13 and 14, “I had many things to write, but I do not wish to write to you with pen and ink; but I hope to see you shortly, and we shall speak face to face.  Peace to you.  Our friends greet you.  Greet the friends by name.”

We all have friends who have been displaced over the years.  Whether childhood friends, teammates from our years in school or coworkers from adulthood, we’ve been separated by time and the circumstances of life.  It’s important to maintain these relationships, even if just by mail. 

There is, however, no substitute for seeing each other face to face and enjoying the sweet communion of dear friends.
As valuable as writing to you is to me, speaking with you face to face is even better.  I hope to do so very soon and to greet you, my friends, by name.  Thanks again for all you, and all the people of sport, mean to me.

Bible Reading Plan:
John 18:19-27
Revelation 13

L E G A C Y II Corinthians 3:2-3 Who are the coaches and players in your team’s history that are still impacting your lives today?  ...