Friday, October 18, 2019

A F F E C T I O N
Philippians 1:8

Who is your dearest friend?  For whom do you care deeply, family, friends, teammates, coaches?  What is the source of those affections?  How durable are those relationships?  The Scripture points to a source of love that will endure forever.

In Paul's letter to his friends in Philippi, at chapter 1 and verse 8 he says, "For God is my witness, how I long for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus."  More than anything else, with these letters I want to communicate the love I have for you.  I want you to know furthermore that the source of this love is my relationship with God.  His love for you leads me to do the same.

There is a security and a power that comes from being loved.  As I know with certainty that I'm loved by my wife, son, mom and dad, my friends and most importantly, loved by God; I'm free and empowered to love others also.

This same security and power is a great source for competition and all sorts of pursuits.  In sports, business, family life, all the areas of life, you are free to love and to pursue excellence because you're loved and greatly valued. 

Take that confidence onto the floor tonight.  Play with passion, confidence, heart, power and perseverance because you're loved.  If not by anyone else in the world, you're each loved by me.  I'm for you in all of life.

Bible Reading Plan:
James 2:18-25
Song of Solomon 3
Jeremiah 49

L E G A C Y II Corinthians 3:2-3 Who are the coaches and players in your team’s history that are still impacting your lives today?  ...