Thursday, August 20, 2020

D A I L Y   W I S D O M
Proverbs 8:34

When I was a young man and pursuing my girlfriend (now my wife of over 30 years), I knew exactly where she lived, when and where she went to class and every angle that made for an opportunity for me to know her.  Today’s scripture tells us to pursue wisdom just like that.


Proverbs chapter 8 and verse 34 says, “Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway.”


Wisdom is personified by the author as a lovely woman, full of life giving truth.  It says the man who listens to her is blessed.  The key to receiving the blessing is to listen, watch and wait for her.


We can hear wisdom as we listen to our coaches and other mentors.  Further, we must listen daily; implying regularity and discipline.  We hear most effectively when we listen at wisdom’s doors… where she lives.


Wisdom lives in the minds of your coaching staff, your parents, your instructors and even in some teammates.  Listen closely and you’ll be blessed.  Wisdom resides in the Bible and God speaks loudly and clearly daily through its words.  Have a great competition today.


Bible Reading Plan:
Luke 19:11-27
Titus 2:1-10
Proverbs 15:1-17
Esther 1

L E G A C Y II Corinthians 3:2-3 Who are the coaches and players in your team’s history that are still impacting your lives today?  ...