Monday, June 29, 2020

T h o u g h t s
Psalm 139:17-18

How much thoughtful preparation goes into a single competition for you?  If we were to total up the collective hours of thought, contemplation, analysis, dreaming, visualization and anticipation among your teammates and coaching staff, the sum would be staggering.  How much do you believe God thinks about you?  How often are you at the front of his mind?  Who could calculate such a number?

We get a glimpse at how God thinks in Psalm 139 and verses 17 and 18.  Here’s how David described these ideas, “How precious concerning me are your thoughts, O God!  How vast is the sum of them!  Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.  When I awake, I am still with you.” 

David was overwhelmed with the concept that an all-powerful God would spend His time thinking of him.  That’s a little staggering for me too!  He has a universe to run, but He’s concerned with every detail of my life.

The largest number David can conceive of is the number of grains of sand on the earth, but that’s a smaller number than the sum of God’s thoughts concerning each one of us.

For me, that leads to a great deal of confidence.  I draw great comfort from knowing that my life is not hidden in a corner out of God’s view.  Rather He’s intimately aware of every facet of my life and my every concern.

As you compete today, let these words from the Psalms result in a great confidence and assurance that every moment of this day is in the center of God’s attention for each one of us.  His thoughts toward us are precious, innumerable and always loving.

Bible Reading Plan:
Psalm 119:97-104
II Kings 1-3

L E G A C Y II Corinthians 3:2-3 Who are the coaches and players in your team’s history that are still impacting your lives today?  ...