Friday, June 26, 2020

F r e e d o m
Galatians 5:13

What is the difference between freedom and license?  How are liberty and anarchy different?  When does one cross the line from living freely to taking advantage of others?  Today’s scripture has some guidelines for good team relations.

Paul in writing to his friends in Galatia, writes at chapter 5 and verse 13, “You, my brothers, were called to be free.  But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.”  Paul gives his friends some encouragement and an admonition.

Here are some guidelines in personified terms for us to think about today:
          License says, “I’ll do what I want without regard to others.”
          Freedom says, “I’ll do what’s best for everyone concerned.”
          Anarchy says, “It’s nobody’s business but mine how I live my life.”
          Freedom says, “I’m free to make good choices that benefit my teammates.”

In today’s game and in all of life, make your choices based on the freedom that comes from a renewed life.  Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that your life is yours alone and no one else is affected.  As a team, each player has a direct affect on the others, on the floor and off it.  Play in great freedom today.  Make this the greatest effort of the year.

Bible Reading Plan:
Luke 1:67-80
Ephesians 3:14-21


L E G A C Y II Corinthians 3:2-3 Who are the coaches and players in your team’s history that are still impacting your lives today?  ...