Tuesday, June 9, 2020

C o m p e t i t i o n
I Corinthians 9:24

Today we'll read one of my favorite scripture passages related to competition.  Every time I hear it, I want to play racquetball and wear somebody out.

Paul writes to the Corinthian church in his first letter at chapter 9 and verse 24 saying, "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize?  Run in such a way as to get the prize."  I like that!

Let's do three things he describes here:
1) Compete - determine to overcome your opponents.  Don’t give an inch to defeated attitudes.
2) Strive - drain every drop of potential from your abilities.  Go after your personal and team goals with all your heart.
3) Focus – Clear your mind of all distractions and train your mind on the ultimate goal... a championship.

In today's competition; compete, strive and focus.  Run in such a way as to get the prize.

Bible Reading Plan:
Luke 3:1-20
Ephesians 4:25-32
Psalm 119:65-72
I Kings 13-14


L E G A C Y II Corinthians 3:2-3 Who are the coaches and players in your team’s history that are still impacting your lives today?  ...